Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Rarely is medicine ever found in these things...
Since I "blogged" so much the first time around, I wont make these so lengthy and bore you to death with my attempts at adding humor to things. After looking at the pictures of what I took, inside the medicine cabinet..I would say that I finally have a grasp on what it is that works, and what it is that does not. As far as skincare is concerned, I would definitely like to "up" the current system I have working, because I am pretty sure I have taken three different lines and made my own concoction of what I think I should be using every night. For one, I am never consistent with this every night routine, and second...I just want to find a lotion that does not make me feel oily, and an antiwrinkle cream that kicks major ass. I see SO MANY different reviews and commercials..but this is one needed treatment that I can honestly say at 25...have no earthly idea on which path to take. Olay has some amazing products..but the last think I want to be is a consumer whore and only use a product because it is the only thing I know from various ads and my lack of self-educating on what may or may not work better and why. Now as I said before, Proactiv seems to be what I have fallen in line with, and I do not think I will venture over to any other acne line anytime soon. I say that, but if another product did hit the market that was suggested by everyone and their mother like Proactiv is, and is still relatively affordable..it might be something I would look into. I have learned though, that it is always best to stick to something that works. Really in anything in life, but we won't get all philosophical here tonight. The grass isn't always greener on the other side though, and sooner or later, as Apple has taught our generation, upgrades will not always be better than the original. What I would like to look harder into however, are the ingredients that are going into these lines. After personally throwing away a smorgasbord of towels, I have to say it is rather intriguing/worrisome in thinking about the different ingredients going into these products to react as the chemical agents that they do, to have the ability to reduce the scarring, outbreaks, and bring overall consistency to any acne fighting system. Researching what goes into these products is something I would like to try and begin in the near future.
Favorite Product Numero Uno: Proactiv Renewing Cleanser
I LOVE how this product makes my face feel; from texture to cleanliness...this cleanser has it goin' on. It is by far the best one I have ever used and it would take A LOT for me to switch. I like simplicity and so the fact that it is not neon pink with diamond letters reaching out at me, makes this product also feel timeless in a way. By that I mean, there are certain products that stereotypically..just do not go with all ages. For instance, Teen Spirit; need I say more...and Estee Lauder has fantastic products..but for some reason I think of old ladies. Proactiv's packaging is modern, current, and to the point. For this, I applaud their marketing and graphics designs departments. This is the first step in their three step process, but sometimes I don't even do the last two because of how well I feel the cleanser has done. Also, I love how it washes off my eye makeup and if I accidentally get any in my eyes...no burning. I explained the reasons behind the original purchase and as far as I am concerned, there is nothing besides the bleach factor, that this product or its advertisement could do better.
Favorite Product Numero Dos: Olay Regenerist: Filling and Sealing Wrinkle Treatment
I cannot express how well I feel this product works. Thing is, this is another product that does have other steps to it that I fail to do...but all the same, I can most definitely tell a difference after having used it overnight. The packaging is alright..but truth be told, I have no idea why I tried this product over their others. It must have been the packaging that caught my eye come to think of it, because I had not done previous research before making this purchase. Anywho, there is not much to say on this product other than that it literally looks like you are ten years younger after first applying it. It matches quite closely with medium skin tones and almost looks like a heavy concealer filling in your wrinkles. Thing is though, it feels so light and airy and does not feel caked on in the least bit. The great thing about this product also, is that it is relatively inexpensive and lasts forever. Probably not as long as its lasted me, because again, I do not use my products as often as I should, but you will get your money worth. My goal is to purchase the other lines of the Olay Wrinkle Treatment and see how much better my skin can look! They say 30 is the new 20...so I better be on my A game to hold this saying true!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment